Dates (Khajur) & Almonds Covered in Dark Chocolate. Dairy Free and Refined Sugar free.Simple & Healthy Recipe to boost your morning energy and can also be used as a dessert snack for a party!
Medjool dates have tender softness and sweet caramel like flavor. Medjool dates are irresistibly delicious and are well known for being nature’s ‘candy’. They are packed full of goodness including a significant amount of fiber and a variety of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, B vitamins, copper, and magnesium. Medjool dates also have significantly more calcium than other common varieties too.
What I love most about this recipe is the fact it is dairy free and free from any refined sugar, contains only few ingredients and tastes super delicious and healthy.
Dates/Almonds Covered in Dark Chocolate. Dairy/Sugar-freeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Dates & Almonds Covered in Dark Chocolate. Dairy & Sugar Free
24 Medjool dates
½ cup organic unsalted crunchy or almond butter
½ cup chopped almonds.
½ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 cup dark chocolate.
2 tablespoon oil. Coconut or any oil of your choice
- Begin by slicing the Medjool dates lengthways and removing the seeds. In the slit, add a teaspoon of almond butter to each date, chopped almonds and unsweetened desiccated coconut.
- Seal the dates by closing the two ends together.
- In a bowl add 1 cup of dark chocolate and 2 tbsp. oil.
- In a microwave melt your chocolate for 60 seconds.
- Add filled dates in melted chocolate syrup. Once dates are covered evenly with the chocolate, place it in the refrigerator to set for an hour or two.