Can you make bagels with 4 ingredients in total? Yes, you can! They are roughly 140 calories & 11 grams protein. No yeast, No Rise time and No Boil. Oven Baked and Air fryer Method Shown.
Actually, it’s only 2 ingredients if you consider Whole Wheat Self Raising Flour as one ingredient and Non-Fat Greek Yogurt as second ingredient.
Whole wheat bagels are very easy to make in an oven and Air fryer. Both the methods are shown. Not only are they delicious, but they are also lower in calories and higher in protein because of nonfat Greek yogurt!
4 ingredients Whole Wheat Eggless Bagel.Course: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: easy
Healthy High Protein Whole Wheat Eggless Bagel.
1 cup of HOMEMADE self-rising whole wheat flour (made by mixing- 1 cup whole wheat flour+ 1/2 tsp pink salt and 2 tsp baking powder)
1 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup milk or water for brushing the bagel
Homemade Bagel seasoning mix made by (mixing 1/4 tsp white & black sesame seeds, poppy seeds.
White Sesame Seeds
Black Sesame Seeds
- Take 1 cup whole wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 tsp pink salt.
- Add 2 tsp baking powder.
- Add 1 cup non fat Greek yogurt. If you are vegan use vegan yogurt.
- Mix everything and knead into a dough. Knead the dough together by hand for about few minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Dust with additional flour as needed if the dough is too sticky.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts ideally using the cooking scale. Shape each portion of dough into a bagel. Flour your hands as needed.
- Three different method of shaping the bagel has been shown in the video.
- 1st method – Take one part of the dough and shape it round with your hand. Poke a finger in the middle and make a hole. After making a hole move it round with your finger to make the hole bigger so that the hole doesn’t close while baking.
- 2nd method – Roll one piece of the dough into a long cylinder shape and close both the ends by joining together.
- 3rd method – Roll one piece of the dough round and press it with your finger to lay it flat and then use the cookie cutter to make a hole in the center.
- After shaping the bagel, brush it with milk or water.
- Add bagel toppings of your choice.
- Bake them at 390 F in an oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are brown
- Air fryer them at 330 F for 15 minutes.
- Bagels are ready and enjoy them with tea/ coffee or you can apply cream cheese and enjoy it. You can also make a toasted bagel veggie sandwich of your choice.