A Dosa is a thin pancake or crepe originating from South India. Dosa is a popular South Indian Dish served with Sambhar and Chutney. Dosa is Traditionally made from a fermented batter predominantly consisting of lentils and rice.
Dosa has different variation and it is the most versatile dish. It is a crepe or pancake, eaten for breakfast, dinner or even for a quick snack.
This Dosa variety is made From Semolina flour (Sooji/Rava). The best part of making this variety of Dosa is that it doesn’t require any kind of soaking, grinding and fermentation and its Instant done within 20 minutes.
This Crispy and Tasty Dosa is made with Semolina flour and Non-Fat Greek Yogurt which makes it high in Protein.
Semolina is high in protein and fiber — both of which are slow in digestion and increases feeling of fullness between meals and hence, may promote weight loss. Semolina is high in protein with almost 6 grams per serving! Selenium is another benefit to semolina, that serves as an antioxidant to help prevent heart disease! Health Benefits
Greek yogurt typically has twice as much protein as its traditional counterpart, and it’s also a great source of calcium and probiotics. Plus, it contains less sodium and fewer carbs than regular yogurt. Many people who are working on managing their weight find that Greek yogurt fits nicely into a balanced diet.
Instant DosaCourse: Breakfast, Main Course, SnacksCuisine: Indian- South IndianDifficulty: Easy
Instant Dosa made with Rava (Semolina/Suji) and Greek Yogurt served with sambar and chutney
2 Cups Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
2 Cups of fine Suji/Rava (Semolina)
4 tbsp. Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda or 2 tsp Eno Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2.5 cups of water
- DOSA BATTTER
- Take a blender jar and blend 2 cups of Suji/Rava (Course Semolina) into a fine flour. You can skip this step if you are using semolina fine flour
- Take a bowl and add the grinded Suji/Rava (semolina) flour
- Add 4 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- Add 1/2 tsp salt
- Add 2 cups non-fat free Greek yogurt
- Add 2.5 cups of water.
- Mix everything together to make a Dosa consistency batter. If you are using regular yogurt use 2 cups of water.
- Rest the batter for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes add 1/2 tsp. baking soda or 2 tsp Eno Soda
- Dosa Batter is now ready.
- STEPS TO MAKE PLAIN/SADA DOSA
- Take a Dosa Tawa/Pancake pan. After the tawa is heated, sprinkle some water so pan is adequately heated. Wipe the excess water with the tissue.
- Add 2 full ladle of Dosa batter and spread evenly starting from the center and moving outwards.
- Cook on low to medium heat.
- After 1 to 2 minutes, you will see the Dosa getting cooked. Now add 1/4 tsp ghee or butter.
- Cook till the base is nicely golden and crisp. The base will leave the pan and the edges separate when it gets cooked.
- When the Dosa has nicely browned from the bottom and the surface looks well cooked, then fold the Dosa with the help of a spatula and lift it from the pan.
- Wipe the tawa with a damp cloth to cool it down before repeating with the rest of the Dosa batter.
- Plain Dosa is ready!
- VARIATION IS DOSA
- Cheese Dosa: Make the Plain/Sada Dosa as mentioned above, sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and then roll the Dosa with the help of Spatula. Cheese Dosa is ready!
- Cone Dosa: Make the Plain/Sada Dosa as mentioned above, make a slit in the Dosa from the center to the edge of the Dosa with knife or pizza cutter. Keep the flame in lowest possible and then roll the Dosa with spatula from one side of the slit to the other side as shown in the video. Cone Dosa is ready.
- Chocolate Dosa: Make the Plain/Sada Dosa as mentioned above, after the Dosa is fully cooked add 1 tbsp. Nutella and spread it evenly on the cooked Dosa, then roll the Dosa with the help of spatula. Chocolate Dosa is ready!
Serve Dosa with chutney and sambar.
- If you are using regular yogurt than use 2 cups of water.