Thandai is a traditional Indian drink made on the festive occasion of Mahashivratri and Holi. This wonderful drink does not just taste well and festive, it also possesses a large number of powerful health benefits. While people generally associate Thandai with Holi, this magical drink is no less than a health drink. Relish Thandai Milkshake year-round and especially on hot summer days. It serves as an instant energizer for any day.
It is made with the best natural ingredients like fennel seeds and melon seeds (which have cooling properties), rose petals (which improve digestion), almonds, cashews, and pistachio (a rich source of protein and vitamin E), etc. This drink is a natural detoxifier. All the ingredients found in this drink have healthy properties and are a healthier option as compared to all the fizzy and sugary drinks available on the market.
This drink can be made Vegan with nut milk, Oats milk, and Soya milk. It is gluten-free, vegetarian, and super addictive!!
Instant Thandai Powder + Shake. High in Protein.Course: BeverageCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
High Protein Instant Thandai Shake/Drink
- For Thandai Masala
Almonds – ¼ cup
Cashews – ¼ cup
Pistachio – ¼ cup
Dried Rose Petals – 4 tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 3 tbsp
Watermelon seeds – 2 tbsp
Poppy Seeds – 2 tbsp
Peppercorns – 15 No
Cardamom – 15 No
Saffron strands – ½ tsp
Nutmeg Powder – ½ tsp
Cinnamon Powder – ½ tsp
- For Instant Thandai Shake/Drink
Thandai Masala – 4 tbsp
Milk – 500ml
Sugar – 2 tbsp or any sweetener of your choice
Ice cubes – few
- For Thandai Toppings
Few saffron strings
Few sliced almonds
Few dried rose petals
- For Thandai Masala
- Take all the Thandai Masala ingredients except for cinnamon and nutmeg powder and grind them using a blender into a fine or coarse powder.
- Remove the ground powder into a bowl.
- After grinding them into a fine powder add nutmeg and cinnamon powder.
- The Thandai Powder mixture is now ready and can be stored in an airtight container.
- Thandai Shake
- Take 2 + 1/8 cup (500 ml) chilled non-fat high protein milk. If you are vegan use Nut milk, Oat Milk, or any vegan milk of your choice.
- Add it to the blender jar
- Add 4 tbsp Thandai shake powder
- Add 2 tbsp sugar or any sweetener of your choice.
- Blend it and make it into a milkshake. This is optional step- strain the mixture if you prefer thandai to be clear of all the small particles.
- Add ice cubes to the serving glass and add a milkshake.
- Top the milkshake with a few saffron strings, sliced almonds, and a few dried rose petals.
- Vegan use Nut milk, Oat Milk, or any vegan milk of your choice
- This is an optional step. – After making into milkshake, strain the mixture if you prefer thandai to be clear of all the small particles.