Kung Pao Tofu is High in Protein. Tofu in this dish is marinated differently which gives a crispy taste to the entire dish. Kung Pao Tofu is lighter, healthier vegetarian/vegan dish! It is loaded with veggies. Kung Pao Tofu with bell peppers, tofu, peanuts with spicy, salty, and sweet sauce.
In this recipe, tofu is air fried, and veggies and spices are stir-fried in a delicious sauce, creating a mouthwatering vegetarian/vegan stir fry dish.
Vegan/Vegetarian Kung Pao TofuCourse: MainCuisine: American- ChineseDifficulty: Medium
Kung Pao Tofu-Vegetarian/Vegan
- For marinating the tofu
Two 16 oz. Extra Firm Tofu
2 tsp Corn Flour
1Tbsp Red Chili/Paprika Powder
1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- For the sauce
4 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
2 Tsp Cornstarch
- For stir-frying all veggies
2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
5 to 7 Dried Red Chilies
1 Tbsp. Grated Ginger
½ cup Chopped Celery
2 Red Pepper diced
2 Green Pepper diced
1/2 cup Roasted Salted Peanuts
- Press the tofu for 20 minutes. Either use a tofu press or place heavy object on the tofu. I have wrapped tofu in a paper towel so all the water will be absorbed.
- While the tofu is pressing let us prepare the sauce and chop all the red, green peppers, celery, and ginger.
- Mix all the ingredient in the sauce and prepared the sauce and keep it aside.
- After tofu is pressed, slice it into cubes. Add 2 tsp corn starch,1 tsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp. red paprika powder. Mix everything well and marinated the tofu. Add tofu to the air frying basket. Air fry tofu for 350 F for 15 minutes. Keep the air fried tofu aside.
- In the pan add sesame oil, dried chilies, and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the chopped ginger and celery. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add green and red bell pepper, and peanuts. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the tofu and pour over the sauce and stir fry until the sauce has thickened.
- Add Salt as per the taste.
- Serve over Brown rice! Kung Pao Tofu is ready.
- For Serving
- Brown Rice or any rice of your choice.