This is Low-Carb and Low-Fat Soup which is served with homemade Air-fryer Bread Croutons
Spinach & Broccoli soup is healthy nutritious soup. This soup recipe is a powerhouse of essential nutrients and will provide you comfort during any weather. It’s Low in Carb and also suitable for Keto.
Spinach & Broccoli soup not only gets an extra boost of nutrients like iron and vitamins B and C—it also takes on a most vibrant color of green and boasts a velvety texture without any heavy cream in sight!
A drizzle of coconut cream and bread croutons made in Air-fryer serve as the finishing touches to this wholesome and warming bowl.
Spinach & Broccoli Soup recipe is a healthy, creamy (without actual cream) soup made with broccoli, spinach, and celery in an Instant Pot. If you don’t have instant pot you can cook on stove. It is the ideal comfort food all year long. This broccoli soup is a one-pot recipe and takes less than 20 minutes to make. Here is an easy recipe of Broccoli and Spinach Soup that will not only fill your stomach but will provide utmost relief.
Spinach & Broccoli SoupCourse: SoupsDifficulty: Easy
Healthy Low Carb and Low-Fat Spinach & Broccoli Soup
- For Soup
6 Cups Water
bowl of ice to retain the green color
200 grams broccoli florets
150 grams of celery cut into cubes
400 grams baby spinach leaves
400 ml milk.
1 Tbsp. Butter
2 Tbsp. Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tbsp. Salt
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves.
- For Garnishing the Soup
1 tablespoon organic coconut cream to swirl as a topping.
1 tablespoon red chili flakes
Air fryer bread croutons
- Bread Crouton Ingredients
3 slices whole wheat bread or any bread of your choice, cut into cubes.
1 tablespoon melted butter.
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. *If seasoning does not contain salt. Add it separately.
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes.
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley leaves.
- Start Instant Pot- Turn on Boil Setting.
- Add 6 cups of water.
- Add 200 grams of broccoli.
- Add 150 grams of celery cut into cubes.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- Add 400 grams of baby spinach. Cook for few minutes.
- Remove all the cooked vegetables from Instant Pot into a bowl of ice. This will help to retain the green color. Don’t throw away the vegetable stock in which all the vegetables are cooked. You can use as vegetable stock for any other soup.
- Add all the vegetables in the blender and make a puree. After making puree, keep it aside.
- Now again turn on Instant Pot with Sauté Mode.
- Add 1 tbsp. butter
- Once the butter melts add 2 tbsp. whole wheat flour.
- Stir it well and make sure it is mixed very well with the butter.
- Add 400 ML milk. If you are vegan, you can add dairy free milk of your choice.
- Let the mixture simmer for few minutes, till it thickens up.
- Add 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1 tsp black pepper and salt as needed.
- After the mixture is thick, add vegetable puree that we blended and kept aside.
- Add 2 tbsp. chopped fresh Parsley and mix it well.
- Simmer for few minutes and top the soup with topping of your choice.
- drizzle of coconut cream and bread croutons made in Air-fryer serve as the finishing touches to this wholesome and warming bowl.
- Broccoli and Spinach Soup is ready! Serve the Soup while its hot.
- To Make Bread Croutons
- Take 3 slices of whole wheat bread or white bread.
- Cut the sides of the bread.
- After removing the sides of the bread, cut into cubes.
- Take a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Add 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Add ½ teaspoon red chili flakes.
- Add freshly chopped cilantro.
- Stir it well and Air fryer for 380 F for 4 to 6 minutes.