It’s a quick and easy soup that can be served hot during dinner/lunchtime. Serve this wholesome soup with homemade croutons (recipe below) along with freshly baked bread of your choice or sandwich for a light dinner. This is a deliciously comforting and nourishing roasted carrot and tomato soup recipe to feed your soul. This recipe is extremely easy to make and utilizes only a few ingredients. I love the addition of red pepper and celery to this soup. These vegetables impart a subtle sweetness that pairs well with the tartness of the tomatoes. I have used cherry tomatoes which gives extra flavor to this soup. You can use any tomatoes for this recipe.
Serve the soup while it’s hot. Drizzle with coconut milk, sprinkle red chili flakes, and freshly chopped parsley leaves with air fryer homemade crouton!
Roasted Carrot Tomato SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Healthy Roasted Carrot Tomato Soup
- For Soup
2 pounds or 907 grams cherry tomatoes.
8-ounce or 227 grams carrots sliced into cubes.
4-ounce or115 grams red bell pepper cut into cubes.
4-ounce or 115 grams chopped celery.
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/8 cup red chili flakes
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
1 tablespoon salt
6 cup organic vegetable stock
¼ cup organic tomato paste
- For Garnishing the Soup
Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley leaves.
1 tablespoon organic coconut milk to swirl as a topping.
1 tablespoon red chili flakes
Air fryer bread croutons
- Bread Croutons Ingredients
3 slices whole wheat bread or any bread of your choice, cut into cubes.
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. *If seasoning does not contain salt. Add it separately.
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- For Soup
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C.
- Take an empty bowl. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- In the same bowl add all the cut vegetable including cherry tomatoes, carrots, celery, and red pepper.
- Drizzle the oil and sprinkle salt and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat and roast in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the veggies are slightly charred on the outside.
- After roasting the vegetable for 45 minutes remove it from the oven and add it to the instant pot on sauté mode.
- Add 6 cups of vegetable stock.
- Add ¼ cup tomato paste.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup, Puree until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Simmer the soup for few minutes and garnish the soup with your favorite toppings.
- Swirl the soup with 1 to 2 tablespoon of coconut milk, add freshly chopped parsley leaves and red chili flakes. Also added homemade air fryer bread croutons.
- To Make the Croutons
- Take 3 slices of whole wheat bread or white bread.
- Cut the sides of the bread.
- After removing the sides of the bread, cut into cubes.
- Take a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Add 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Add ½ teaspoon red chili flakes.
- Add freshly chopped cilantro.
- Stir it well and Air fryer for 380 F for 4 to 6 minutes.