This Mango Lassi and Mango Lassi Popsicles are made from Non-Fat Greek Yogurt which makes it high in protein and low in fat. Two Recipes with same Ingredients.
Lassi is a popular traditional yogurt-based drink that originated in India. Lassi is a blend of yogurt, water, spices and sometimes fruit. Lassi is made from yogurt, it contains healthy bacteria called lactobacilli which lubricates the intestine and aids smooth digestion. Lassi helps to improve your digestion, body appetite, antioxidant etc.
High Protein Mango Lassi & Mango Lassi PopsiclesCourse: Beverage, DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
High Protein Mango Lassi & Mango Lassi Popsicles
3 Medium Size Mangoes
1 Tsp Saffron
1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
1 Cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Ice
Pistachio Powder for Garnishing
Few pieces of Pistachio for Garnishing.
- Mango Lassi
- Take 3 medium size mangoes. Peel them and cut into small cubes.
- In the video, I am doing this step to show you the measurement. Add it to the blender and make mango pulp. You can use fresh mangoes or use canned mango pulp. We will now have 2 cups of fresh mango pulp.
- In a blender add 1 cup of ice, add 1 cup of cold water, 1 cup of nonfat Greek Yogurt, 2 cups of fresh mango pulp/canned mango pulp,1tbsp sugar/honey or any sweetener of your choice, add saffron water and add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder. Blend everything together.
- Remove Mango Lassi in a glass and garnish with few strings of Saffron, Pistachio powder and pieces of Pistachio.
- Mango lassi is ready.
- Mango Lassi Popsicles
- Take half of the remaining Mango Lassi and add 1/2 tsp saffron. Stir it well
- Take Popsicles maker mold and add the remaining lassi to the mold. approximately 5 to 6 popsicles will be made. After closing the lid add popsicle sticks.
- Freeze it overnight.
- Mango Lassi Popsicles are ready.
- Canned mango pulp is available in Indian stores. If you are using canned, I personally like Kesar Mango pulp by Deep. If canned mango pulp has sugar, then don’t add any additional sugar.
- How to make Saffron Water- take a few strings of saffron, add them to the warm water. Stir it to make saffron water.
- How to make Pistachio powder – take a few pieces of pistachio and grind them into a fine powder.